Sunday, April 5, 2009

critique 3

After looking at many literary journals, I found the One Story, I started off by reading the journal of that week which was about meteorology what I noticed right away was how realistic the story was. I felt like anyone could relate to being sitting on the sofa watching the weather channel when they have called for bad weather in your area. As I went to look at previous journals, they were exactly like this one, people writing about their experiences but with their own little pizzazz.

I think this digital journal has a great advantage because it short and simple. Instead of picking up a book with multiple of stories in it, this gives you a way to read one at time without having to skim through a novel looking for the story. I think another advantage is that it’s not time consuming, they come out with a new story every week. So if you want you could have it sent to you by email, and who wouldn’t have time for one short story every week? It also an advantage because they have a variety of topics instead of having to focus on a book of journals that is about the same subject.

I would love to have one of my stories on One Story web cite, I think it would be awesome because there is no rules on structure, you basically can write whatever you want. This journal seems to be laid back, it's not as fancy as others but its get directly to the point of the person writing the journal for that week. It’s nice that there are many different authors, so you can see different people’s style of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment